Welcome to MOAB - the Mother Of All Beds for your Ford Transit van. Our MOAB has been wildly popular with Sprinter owners for years and now the same good night's sleep and flexible set up is available for the Transit. We use the exact same bed panels but have designed a new mounting system specifically for the Transit.
This system will reinvent how you look at your sleep and cargo options inside your van. The MOAB platform provides one of the lightest and strongest van bed systems out there and provides the flexibility of different height and width mounting options inside your van with three individual telescoping panels. The optional Gear Tie-down L-track provides securing points along each side of the bed to hold down your mattress, SUP, cooler or just about anything.
For safety, these panels lock into place to keep them secured under load and while the van is driven. *** The locks MUST be engaged to insure safety!
Our Transit MOAB Kit includes everything you need for installation as follows:
- 3 fully-assembled bed panels, with your choice of bed-top materials and frame finishes
- 4 wall brackets (powder coated) with all hardware for installation into your van walls
- 4 lengths of L-track and hardware to attach to wall brackets
- 1 pair of MOAB bed mounting rails with hardware to attach to L-track
Options & Price
$3,500 - Black hex laminate bed top with bare aluminum frame and rails
- Bamboo bed top, clear coat finish - add $350
- Black Anodized frame and rails - add $400
- Gear tie-down L-track, one for each bed rail - add $200
*NOTE: Price appears higher than our Sprinter MOAB because the wall brackets are included in the Transit kit but are sold separately for the Sprinters.
6-8 weeks - All the design work and prototyping is done! Bed panels are in stock and we are simply waiting for our fabricators to get our shelves stocked with the new Transit brackets.
- 2015-current Ford Transit
- 148" Wheelbase, standard length (NOT extended)
- High-roof and Mid-roof (Click here to purchase Mid-Roof MOAB Kit)
- Future-compatible with the Transit Modular Interior System to be released early in 2019.
- Total length of assembled bed is 77" long at the bed center, and 67" wide. Each of the smaller panels is 23" x 67" and the larger rear panel is 31" deep.
- Vertical L-track mounting system allows bed height from 10.5" to 67.5" (from floor to bottom of bed).
- All three panels constructed with strong, light, aluminum frames and bamboo or marine plywood laminate surfaces.
- Each panel is rated to support 200 lbs.
- Adjustable-width panels expand/contract to meet the different widths inside the van and are held in place with pressure from a gas strut.
- Panels lock in place to prevent accidental removal.
- Simple to raise and lower bed position.
- Easily stowed to maximize cargo capacity and provide walk-thru space.
- Configure the MOAB as an adjustable bed or cargo storage shelving system
- Strong, lightweight panels
- Panels install and remove in secondsCompatible with the Transit Modular Interior System to be released early in 2019. Allows you to add MOAB functionality now without waiting for the complete kit and lessens your work to finish your van when the kit is installed.
- DIY or Certified Adventure Wagon Installer
- MOAB bed requires our Transit Wall Track & Bracers which are included in this kit.
- Each kit requires drilling and installing wall bracers using rivets and riv-nuts. The L-track and bed components then install to these wall bracers using hand tools. Specific tools required:
- 4mm allen wrench
- 9/16" socket or box wrench.
- 3/16" rivet installation tool
- riv-nut installation tool
- 3/16" and 23/64" drill bits (Cobalt recommended for hardened steel used in some areas of Transit interior.)
- Bracers are indexed in the van's structure using OEM holes which insure perfect placement every time. Once positioned, the bracers are secured to the van with rivets and rivnuts. L-track is then attached and the bed rails and bed panels are installed.
- Estimated installation time: 2-4 hrs depending on skill level and tools used
- Installation video is coming soon!
- Place your order online now to get in queue for shipping as soon as the brackets are available.
- You may also call to place your order or with any questions.
- Estimated delivery is 6-8 week.
- Beds will ship on a large pallet and must be shipped via truck freight due to size and weight. It is recommended that your order be shipped to a business with a loading dock and/or fork lift to minimize the shipping cost. If special delivery services such residential delivery or lift gate are needed, additional charges will be incurred. Orders can also be picked up at our facility with advanced scheduling.